Monday, March 10, 2008

Good News

Happiness



Anson had his physical therapy/speech therapy evaluation today at Children's and it went fabulous. He did so well, I still can't believe it. I'll explain. His last eval. was last April. That was his six month visit. They cancelled his following every 3 month appointments because he was on track for his actual age (age from his birth date) and ahead for his adjusted age (his age from his due date - 2 months later than his birth date). So, Anson is just over 14 months adjusted and 16 months actual - are you with me? Children's Neonatology Clinic follows preemies very closely. I have been impressed by them and everyone we have worked with. I was nervous about today because it determines whether or not he would need PT/OT/Speech therapy. Very nervous. He did perfect and I mean, perfect. When the therapist would ask him to point to a spoon, cat, and car in a book, he did it. He did all of the physical therapy interactions without a hitch. He had to put Cheerios in a small, medicine bottle-like container and he did that - and ate a few in the process. He put shapes where they should be in a puzzle and pointed to a baby doll's eyes, nose and belly when asked. He said 8 words and they were hoping for 3. So, needless to say, he is officially discharged from the program. I am so happy, I can't even begin to tell you. I am so proud of him and Dave and I for our hard work. But, it was mostly Anson!

Here are a few pictures of him a Jack last week that I just downloaded. Enjoy! I'm having a glass of wine! Correction: Blogger won't let me post the picks, so maybe later!

happiness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL, what great news. I am not a bit surprised--he is amazing and you definitely deserve to be proud of ALL of you. I LOVE the picture of the two of them in the chair and looking out the door! Thanks for sharing.