Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Little Man

Today is Anson's first birthday and I've been emotional all day. My dear friend Stacy warned me I may be, but I had no idea (she has a son who spent several weeks in the NICU as well). It's simply amazing how well Anson has done and we owe that to an amazing team of doctors and nurses at OSU. We are so thankful. This is what Anson has been up to lately:

He says, "mama, choo-choo, baby, fish-fish". He's trying to say "dog" but he's not there just yet.

He's walking with a walker, but not independently.

He loves music. He'll sing along every morning with me while I clean the house.

He goes to bed every night at 7:30pm and wakes up around 7:00am. We get him changed and then we feed his fish. He plays for about 30 minutes and then he eats breakfast. After that, we read and play and then he's ready for a nap at 10:00am. He's been sleeping for an hour and a half to two hours and then it's lunch time. After lunch we run errands or play outside until his nap at 3:30pm. This is a shorter nap - usually 45 minutes to an hour and then he's up waiting for Dave to walk in the door. He knows it's him when the screen door opens. Then dinner, playtime, bath and bed.

He's finally able to wear 6-12 month pants and he's wearing 12-18 month shirts. He has no butt, so pants have been a challenge. He's catching up though. The last time he was at the doctor, he weighed 18.7 lbs and that was 3 weeks ago. He'll go again in a few days, so we'll see where he's at.

He's just an amazing, happy little boy who has brought us joy and love that we could not have imagined. We are so blessed in so many ways and I am reminded of that every single day. What a gift we have been given.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is obviously a happy, healthy little boy, a tribute to a LOT of people and to himself. Happy Birthday again Anson!

Anonymous said...

This is late but very well intended. Again we have had one heck of a day with Cincinnati Bell. I'll tell you about it Friday. We have a special gift for Anson for his first birthday and will bring it with us then. I also have your pants done. Can hardly wait. I hope we have at least some sunshine so we can take a walk. Kiss him doubly for me and Grandpa. Love, Oma

Sam said...

Happy Birthday Anson!!! Sorry we missed your party, but we sent you our love and hugs! *SMOOCH*