Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Interesting

I have tried to always learn from my mistakes and continue to learn as I get get older. I find people interesting in their mannerism, morals, or lack there of, as well as many other facets of life. I am always amazed how people are able to shake your hand, while peeing on your foot. My dad use to say that. Anyway, I have been blessed to find some amazing friends when I least expected it (B) and I've also been very hurt by some who are my friends when it benefits their agenda. I've since backed away from these people, who regrettably are mostly family. Do I love them? More than words. Would I help if they needed me? Absolutely. Do I trust them? Unfortunately, nope. I'm not perfect. I've made my share of mistakes, plus some. I've hurt people and I've not been a good friend, at times. But I don't pretend to be perfect, either. If I'm wrong, I'll own up to it and apologize and then learn from it so I don't make the same mistake again. My dad use to say that no-one could hurt you as bad as your family. Boy, he wasn't kidding. There are some that are only interested in me when I'm "down and out" or fighting with someone who they would like to pick on as well. I've stepped back and really looked at who is there regardless. Who love me to my face and behind my back. Which brings up another point. If someone talks about everyone else, they are probably talking about me as well. I laugh more than I get angry about it. I love my family and I know we are all very different people with different lives. I just wish we could all participate in a little honesty and integrity for the sake of ourselves, our family and our children. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's on...we're gonna take this :)
Charissa