Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day

I actually had a full Sat/Sun/Monday off and I wish I could say we got more accomplished. I slept for about 4 hours Saturday after working Friday night and then we were off to a wedding. It was a Roman Catholic wedding that was very long, but beautiful. We didn't go to the reception and headed home to work on the kitchen. We had sushi for dinner and called it a night. Sunday Dave and I primed the kitchen and mended some areas where the 50 year old wall paper was coming away. No, we did not want to strip the wallpaper. We used a special primer to seal it and it worked great. We also set-up Anson's new fish tank (see previous post) and finally found an infant swimming pool for him. It's really small, only about 3 feet in diameter. Perfect for him. Anyway, Dave worked until about 2:00pm Monday on the kitchen and then we were off to the Upper Arlington Labor Day Festival at Northam Park. This is an amazing festival full of rows and rows of crafts for children, live music, lots of vendors with everything from ceramics to rocking chairs. It's a 22 acre park and they also had a huge video game screen that was quite impressive. We had italian sausages and elephant ears for lunch, which were quite yummy. We spent about 3 hours there and came home so Anson could "swim" in his new pool. He loved it. I'll post pictures later. More work on the kitchen, dinner, then Dave and I were in bed by 10:00pm. Anson was out at 7:00pm. It was a nice weekend. Dave and I haven't had three days off together in months. I'm hoping this Thursday will be my last nightshift and that will make life easier. Fall quarter starts the 19th. I can't believe it's creeping up on me that fast. I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina,

Hi! I just read the blog. I think that you are so right about nap time. I wish that Wyatt would take a nap. Not only is nap time important for the kids/ babies, but for the parents as well. Wyatt get's really mean and he doesn't listen when he is tired.
'when he get's mean then I get mean. Austin always took naps all the way up until he started school. He would still love to take a nap.

Sound like you had a good Labor day. Take care.

Becky